Would you like to learn more about communicating your research with other audiences than the scientific community? Are you available from 3-7 July 2023? Then we have an interesting opportunity for you.
The Science Communication and Society department from Leiden University is inviting young researchers (PhD, postdoc, or other early career) to join our Summer School about science communication. This year we open our Summer School for all disciplines in science, including social science, natural science and humanities.
Over the span of one week, you will get theoretical perspectives about science communication, practice skills and apply it in the development of a science communication product. A variety of guest speakers will share their experiences and best practices with you, while our team of Science Communication scientists from Leiden University will guide you through this exciting week.
The programme will include:
- Introduction to science communication, inspiration on SciCom products.
- Lectures on communication theory, target audiences, how to include outreach in funding proposals, literature and best practices.
- Presentations by guest speakers about their experiences with different types of science communication.
- Workshops on social media and science journalism.
- Throughout the week, participants will develop a science communication product together which will be presented at the end of the week.
The Summer School takes place in Leiden (on-site) from 3 – 7 July 2023. The registration fee is €450,-. Coffee/tea and lunch will be provided, as well as a closing reception on Friday. We have space for 20-25 participants.
Since there are limited spots, we ask you to include a motivation letter (max 1 page) and your CV (max 1 page) when submitting your registration. If you’re interested, please register here before March 31, 2023. See our website for more information