The ICIAM Prize Committee for 2023 calls for nominations for the six ICIAM Prizes to be awarded in 2023 (the Collatz Prize, the Lagrange Prize, the Maxwell Prize, the Pioneer Prize, the Su Buchin Prize, and the Industry Prize). Each ICIAM Prize has its own special character, but each one is truly international in character.
Nominations are therefore welcomed from every part of the world. A nomination should take into account the specifications for a particular prize (see http://www.iciam.org/iciam-prizes and see also below), and should contain the following information:
- Full name and address of person nominated
- Web home page if any.
- Name of particular ICIAM Prize.
- Justification for nomination (cite nominator’s reason for considering candidate to be deserving, including explanations of the scientific and practical influence of the candidate’s work and publications).
- Proposed citation (concise statement about the outstanding contribution in fewer than 250 words).
- CV of the nominee.
- 2-3 letters of support from experts in the field and/or 2-3 names of experts to be consulted by the Prize Committee.
- Name and contact details of the proposer.
Nominations should be made electronically through the website https://iciamprizes.org/. The deadline for nominations is September 1st, 2021.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any question regarding the nomination procedure.
ICIAM Prize committee for 2023:
Committee Chair: Ya-xiang Yuan
Barbara Wohlmuth (Chair of Collatz Prize Subcommittee)
Leah Edelstein-Keshet (Chair of Lagrange Prize Subcommittee)
Gang Bao (Chair of Maxwell Prize Subcommittee)
Alfredo Bermudez (Chair of Pioneer Prize Subcommittee)
Lois Curfman McInnes (Chair of Su Buchin Prize Subcommittee)
Nira Chamberlain (Chair of Industry Prize Subcommittee)
ICIAM, the International Council for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, is the world organization for applied and industrial mathematics. Its members are mathematical societies based in more than 30 countries. For more information, see the Council’s web page at http://www.iciam.org/.